Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
It is a unique textile and it takes around 2 months to make it. It was handmade using pure hand-spun sheep wool. The whole process, since the animal is sheared, takes place within the same family or community
By choosing AWANAY textiles you are supporting the work of talented rural artisans living in inaccesible areas in northern Argentina.
Our rugs do not have any other material on the base, just wool. Both sides of the rug are equal and could be placed facing up.
- Hand-spun; Rug Type: Baeton, 0.2'' high
- Hand-woven in loom
Our wool is sourced from small sheep farms in the heart of the dry forest, same area where our rugs are hand-woven. The wool is always hand-processed: it´s sheared, washed and spun only by hand. Thanks to this handmade process our wool keeps all its natural properties:
- Eco friendly
- A natural temperatura regulator (when its warm the wool naturally cools down and the other way around)
- Flame proof : wool does not set on fire, it will eventually burn down if in a large fire but it won't generate flames.
- Stain resistant: since its rich in lanolin, it naturally keeps stains, liquids and dirt away
- For more information please visit our FAQ section
Care and Maintenance:
Vacuuming them regularly, softly, and without the use of a brush is the best way to keep them looking always fresh.
*Additional shipping fees apply.